Are you ready for 2017?! We are and we're welcoming it with a year long KAL!
I (Karla) have recently become overwhelmed with my stash and my 2017 goal is to knit from stash until Knit City 2017 (September 30th to October 1st). That's no stash acquisions for 10 months! Lofty goal? That's why I need your support and to do that I've come up with a KAL.
The KAL will begin January 1st 2017 and run until December 31st 2017. We will have quarterly entry threads in the ravelry group for your FOs and prizes to give away (more on those in a bit)! There is also a year long thread to keep track of all your gifts knits and there will be prizes for most gifts knit in 2017!
Thank you to the following prize sponsors!
Denise of Sock Ruler
Brenda of Two Sticks and Ewe
Sara of Riv Creative
Sally of Yarn Friendly
Joanne who is @porthardy1 on instagram
Okanagan Knit Co
Chantal of Mudpunch
Jess of Haven Fiber Arts
Jocelyn who is @jocelyn_shuman
Sylvia of Softsweater Knits
It's not too late if you would like to sponsor a prize! Just drop as a line and we'd be happy to have you on board. All sponsors will be mentioned in each episode of 2017!
Ok! Here are THE RULES!
1. Any and all gift knits will be accepted, there's no minimum yardage, if it's a gift it counts.
2. Gifts knit from yarn acquired in 2016 or before get two entries, so post those FOs twice for more chances to win. (Please be honest, there's no way for me to actually track this so I'm holding out on good knitting karma that there will be no cheating). If you knit a gift from yarn from 2017, you get one entry.
3. Entries are quarterly, Jan - Mar, Apr - Jun, Jul - Sept, Oct - Dec. You cannot enter something finished in March in the July quarter etc.
4. Year long FO thread is where you will open one post and keep a running tally of ALL the gifts knit in the year. Go back and edit this post as many times as you need to include all gifts.
5. This really should be rule #1 but HAVE FUN! Post pictures of what you're knitting on instagram with the hashtag #stashtogiftknit2017 so we can see all your projects!
All prizes will be drawn with random number generator except the full year thread winner will be the one with the most gifts knit.
Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions! I can't wait to knit with you!