Karla - K-Rae on Ravelry and Karlacrafts on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest
Emily - EmGemKnits - Instagram, and Ravelry . EmKnits on Twitter and EmGem on Pinterest
Introduce yourself in the Ravelry group or leave us a review on itunes or google music
Circusbear! Rosberrycrafts! Stashandknit! bonjimac! HereIKnit!
The KAL will begin January 1st 2017 and run until December 31st 2017. We will have quarterly entry threads in the ravelry group for your FOs and prizes to give away (more on those in a bit)! There is also a year long thread to keep track of all your gifts knits and there will be prizes for most gifts knit in 2017!
Thank you to the following prize sponsors!
Denise of Sock Ruler
Brenda of Two Sticks and Ewe
Sara of Riv Creative
Sally of Yarn Friendly
Joanne who is @porthardy1 on instagram
Okanagan Knit Co
Chantal of Mudpunch
Jess of Haven Fiber Arts
Jocelyn who is @jocelyn_shuman
Sylvia of Softsweater Knits
It’s not too late if you would like to sponsor a prize! Just drop as a line and we’d be happy to have you on board. All sponsors will be mentioned in each episode of 2017!
Ok! Here are THE RULES!
- Any and all gift knits will be accepted, there’s no minimum yardage, if it’s a gift it counts.
- Gifts knit from yarn acquired in 2016 or before get two entries, so post those FOs twice for more chances to win. (Please be honest, there’s no way for me to actually track this so I’m holding out on good knitting karma that there will be no cheating). If you knit a gift from yarn from 2017, you get one entry.
- Entries are quarterly, Jan - Mar, Apr - Jun, Jul - Sept, Oct - Dec. You cannot enter something finished in March in the July quarter etc.
- Year long FO thread is where you will open one post and keep a running tally of ALL the gifts knit in the year. Go back and edit this post as many times as you need to include all gifts.
- This really should be rule #1 but HAVE FUN! Post pictures of what you’re knitting on instagram with the hashtag #stashtogiftknit2017 so we can see all your projects!
Art of Yarn
Art of Yarns Knit-a-long to start the year off! We are teaming up with BC locals Shannon Cook and Jane Richmond to explore the Knits from their latest book Within Knits and the the amazing Westcoast Cardigan (stand alone pattern). To coincide with the KAL, we will have the complete trunk show for the book and Cardigan at the shop. If you are in the area please stop by and check it out. Prizes will be randomly awarded at the end of the KAL to participants. There are a few ways to join sand enter in the fun….
Posting your photos on instagram and tagging us in the photo @artofyarn
Joining our ravelry group Art of Yarn Kal 2017 and sharing your project with us
Tagging us on Facebook @artofyarn with your project
For our locals too we will be hosting a small knit social to show off your FO’s
Check us out on our website artofyarn.com if you would like to order the book and feel free to contact us if you need help in choosing a Yarn that is right for your project.
Happy knitting and looking forward to seeing everyone’s progress!
What's knitting now
Emily - Socks for Bug in river city yarns - Hat trick calgary flames Genevieves tube socks - knitmoregirls
Vanilla is the new black - CatGreen OMG you guys
Bridie for Bug in Sweet Fiber Canadian.
Hand spun Love and Light by softsweater
Bradway by Very Shannon in Brooklyn Tweed Shelter in Plume, Stormcloud and Yellow
Advent calendar stockings (I finished one)
Master Knitter Program in Cascade 220
Karla- Two custom socks for Grandma, Baby Boy Watson & Relativity
Karla - Brioso by Heather Zoppetti in 100% merino I dyed a dusty pink colour - stalled a little bit, on to second repeat
Emily- Not enough knitting to make mistakes
Karla - reading charts on Relativity...
Emily -. none
Karla - none but I want to so bad!
Best laid plans
Emily - Get out of the no knitting Rut.
Karla - Knit as much as I can!
Emily- 12days of knitmas - Vogue Knitting Holiday
Karla - GC for Christmas! 12 days of knitmas!
Talky Talk (Chatter?)
Emily - The Big Move
Karla - Michelle’s help with stash sorting
Emily - nope
Karla - nope, but found CaliFayeCollection
Adventures in Mommyhood
Emily- Christmas holidays - single momming
Karla- Renan is smiling and giggling and getting more use to being in his bed! Locke’s language skills are incredible and he’s all about the toys!
Tell us about you! Join us on Ravelry or our Facebook page